Hello everyone, Giovanna here with a super fun project about gel printing on fabric where you can get a whole bunch of lovely cute mini dolls. I started with an old white piece of cotton, cut in little squares and with a bit of sewing and stuffing I got some colourful and one of a kind dolls with very simple or cat-ish shape.
Enjoy the video ☺
- Take two pieces of white cotton size aprox 11×9 cm (4,3”x3,5”)
- Spread with a brayer some blobs of acrylic paint on the 5×7” Gelli plate
- Lay the GelliArts® Flower stencil and press very well the fabric on the plate
- Leaving the stencil in place sponge acrylic paint through it
- Lift the stencil and pull a print on the second piece of cotton
- Add more details with stencils, layering up
- Fold in half on reverse, add a piece of ribbon on top and sew leaving a small opening at the bottom
- Flip the fabric inside out and put some stuffing
- Sew close the gap and add some beads at the bottom
- For the small face cut a piece of felt or gel print with gesso a fabric leftover (to avoid fraying)
- Trace and cut out a circle and draw the features
- Glue the circle to the doll and hand stitch or glue some buttons
- Gelli Arts® stencils: 5’’x7’’Bead, Flowers, Leaf
- Acrylic paint
- White cotton, ribbons, buttons
2 thoughts on “Gel Printing on Fabric: Cute Mini Dolls with Gelli Arts®”
Gorgeous project Giovanna.
All the little dolls are so cute.
Thank you so much for sharing your great inspiration and the video tutorial.
Stay safe and have a wonderful day.