When you go on vacation, even if you love doing mixed media, you cannot take all your art supplies with you, you can take a small sample with you, otherwise you would have to leave your swimsuit and towel at home.
This summer I have taken the minimum expression of material: tags, watercolors and water brush, my round Gelli Arts®gel printing plate, 2 neocolor watercolors, white, black and blue posca marker, scissors and glue. It is true that I had scraps of fabric and the sewing machine, for the images I used a supermarket magazine.
- I used blue watercolors with the water brush on the round Gelli® plate and make the first impression on the XXL tag, and I repeat this step until I get several sea waves with different shades of blue.
- Repeat the same process with ocher browns and yellows to make the sand
- Use the white posca marker to draw the end of the waves on the Gelli® plate and make the impression
- Use the Neocolor 2 waxes that are water-soluble, to make three blue ones and make different waves and make the impression
- Cut a picture of the summer from a magazine. I took a glass with refreshing lemonade and the phrase in Catalan “gust de mar” which means “sea flavor”
- Under the text I put a piece of cardboard and pieces of fabrics, which I will also put on top tied in the hole of the tag
- Finally, I free stitched all with the sewing machine
- 4″ Round Gelli Arts®Gel Printing Plate
- Water brush
- Neo color watercolors
- White/Black/Blue Posca Marker
- Sewing Machine
- Black thread
I hope you like it and that project takes you to the feel of a beach in the Mediterranean Sea, which is where I am 🌊🌊🌊🌊
Have a wonderful summer