Hi there! It’s Marsha here today with a video tutorial on how you can create perfectly aligned layered prints with the help of Gelli Arts®’ brand new Perfect Placement Tool!
The clear acrylic tool works with 3″x5″, 5″x7″, 6″x6″ and 8″x10″ gel printing plates.
Watch me open the package and remove the protective paper from my brand new tool. I’ll also quickly share how I created my DIY tulip stencils before showing you how I align and layer my print!
A quick guide to using the Perfect Placement Tool:
1. Adjust the paper guides to the size of the plate you want to use. The plate sizes are etched into the clear acrylic.
2. Apply paint or ink to your gel plate.
3. Place the Perfect Placement Tool up against the corner of the gel plate.
4. If you’re using a stencil or a mask, you can use paper guides to align it.
5. Place a sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ paper against the paper guides.
6. Rub the paper and pull the print.
7. Repeat the process to add as many aligned layers as you like
Happy aligned printing! Please share the prints you make with the Perfect Placement Tool’s help with us on Instagram using the hashtag #gelliartsmade. We would love to see them!
Perfect Placement Tool
5 “x7” Gelli Arts® printing plate
8 “x10” Gelli Arts® printing plate
8.5″ x 11″ paper
Repositionable adhesive dots
Amsterdam Stencil by Nathalie Kalbach for StencilGirl® Products