Hi it’s Sara Ferret here. This month is women’s history month, with projects related to women’s power. I was thinking what to do. And I realize that doesn’t matter if I’m a woman or a man, the important thing is loving ourselves.
I made a keyring to remind me that, to love other people first of all I need to love myself.
The project is super easy, I used canvas fabric and I printed with different kind of pigments and my Gelli Arts® gel printing plate. I also used art printing tool from carabelle designed by Birgit Koopsen, with my Gelli Arts® printing plate and some pink paint to give some pink background in some of the canvas fabric.
After that I use some stamps in the background to make it more interesting, and I use alphabet foam stamps from Tim Holtz, to stamp in some of them “SL” selflove and others “WP” Women’s Power.
And when I had the fabrics done, I tried to stitch a heart with my stitching machine, I really don’t know very much stitching, but I hasn’t to be perfect. It’s a mixed media project and there is no right or wrong, I also stitched a rectangle, that’s easier shape.
I use a #sarisdesara purple ribbon, to add the sentiment an make it pop.
Once the heart was stitched I used the 3in1 pruple woddie from Stabilo, to paint the borders of the fabric.
I hope you like the project, if you make something inspired on this tutorial tag us in social media, we will be pleased to see it, and share it: Instagram accounts @gelliarts @sara_ferret
- Gelli Arts® gel printing plate
- Brusho pigment powder from ColourCraft
- Infusions pigment powder from PaperArtsy
- Magicpaint pigment powder from Fabrika Decoru
- Virutas pigment powder from Sra. Granger
- Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
- Posca pink and purple marker
- Canvas ribbon
- Amsterdam pink acrylic paint
- Artprinting tool from carabelle designed by Birgit Koopsen
- Alphabet foam stamps from Tim Holtz
- Black and pink inks
- Hearts stamp from Abstudio designed by Mima Molina
- 3in1 pruple woddie from Stabilo
- Stitching machine and thread
- Something soft to fill the heart
- #Sarisdesara purple ribbon
- Sentiment stickers from Tim Holtz