Hi Everyone and welcome to the Gelli Arts® blog! It’s Birgit here today showing you how to create a fun and easy background in your art journal using smaller Gelli Arts® gel printing plates.
The benefit of the smaller plates is that you can place them on an acrylic block and then use them as a stamp so you don’t have to flip your journal around all the time and have a better view on what you’re doing.
This week we’re collaborating with Hahnemühle so I’m using one of their beautiful A6 ZigZag books. The paper has a fine grained surface which gives the prints a bit of a textured (imperfect) look.
Have fun watching the video!
Thank you for stopping by today. Happy printing!
- Gelli Arts® 3”x5”Gelli® Printing Plate
- Gelli Arts® Minis –Oval, Rectangle, Hexagon (I only used the rectangle)
- GelliArts® 5”x7”Gelli® Printing Plate
- Hahnemühle A6 ZigZag book
- Acrylic stamping blocks
- Acrylic paint (Liquitex, Winsor & Newton, Golden)
- All stencils by Birgit Koopsen for Carabelle Studio
- White pen –Gelly Roll, Sakura
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk