Join Sara Ferret for a fun Halloween BOOkmark project!
Sara here! Today I am going to show you how to make a Halloween themed Booo-kmark using a recycled foam plate.
Watch my video below and continue reading for step-by-step instructions:
1. Cut the foam lunch box until you have a
plain surface without edges.
2. Use a pencil to draw your design in the
foam lunch box.
3. Load black paint on half of your Jane Davenport x Gelli Arts® plate.
4. Stamp your foam plate design on the painted side of the gel plate, then stamp it on the blank side of the plate.
5. Pull your print with white paper. Make 2
or 3 prints to find your favorite prints.
6.Cut your favorite prints to the size of a bookmark.
7. Draw three circles on top of each skull with different colors. I use Dina Wakley scribble sticks and Posca
markers to make a floral diadem.
8. Add a pearl shape in each flower with Perfect Pearls.
9. Cut cardstock in a contrasting color that is a little bit bigger than your bookmark.
10. Make a hole in the top part of the bookmark with the
11. Add some sentiments to your work with Tim holtz stickers (Occasions) and
Studio Light washi tape. I add some sari ribbon to make the words pop.
12. Stitch around the bookmark with stitching machine.
13. Now you need to decide if you want to add black tulle or not! If you add it, you need to stitch around the bookmark again.
14. Next, make another hole on the top of the bookmark and add an eyelet. Then knot a sari
ribbon on top.
15. Glue a Halloween wood embellishment on top of it with glue
16. Make some splatter with paint markers!
Thank you for reading and watching my video! Please share with us your gel prints using #GelliArts
- 8×10″ Jane Davenport x Gelli Arts® Plate
- Foam lunch box (recycled)
- Black acrylic paint
- White cardstock to print
- A contrasting color cardstock
- Dina Wakley scribble sticks
- Posca markers
- Liquid pearls
- Black eyelet
- Sari Ribbon
- Tim holtz stickers (Occasions)
- Studio Light washi tape with words
- Halloween wood embellishment
- Glue gun