- Students Will Be Able To (SWBAT) create a popsicle using a Gelli Arts® plate
- SWBAT learn the cool colors from the color wheel
- SWBAT learn technical skills in creating their popsicles
- Gelli Arts® Student plate
- Acrylic paint in multiple bright colors
- Masking tape (to tape newsprint to table)
- Baby wipes
- Craft foam
- Double-sided adhesive
- Embossing tool
- Craft sticks
- Popsicles – A piece of flavored ice or ice cream on a stick.
- Cool Colors – The cool colors are green, blue, and violet.
Step 1: Create a couple of fruity craft foam stamps. Use adhesive backed craft foam or add double-sided adhesive to the back of plain craft foam. Draw shapes on the craft foam using an embossing tool or skewer. Then use scissors to cut the shapes out.
Step 2: Choose a couple of bright, cool paints to work with and start painting! Apply paint to the Gelli Arts® plate. Make marks with the DIY foam stamps and stamp the excess paint on the stamps off onto a spare sheet of paper or onto another print.
Step 3: You will need two prints of each design. Cut each pair of prints out and into a popsicle shape. Add more color and detail to the prints with colored pencils.
Step 5: Adhere a craft stick onto the back of the popsicle. Then apply glue to the other popsicle side and paste the two sides together.