Tania here. I love using different mediums on my Gelli Arts® Plate and I was really excited to
try Jane Davenport’s Squid Hybrid Inks on their new plate set! I love that the
Jane Davenport x Gelli Arts® 8×10 printing set includes the following:
– 8×10 gel printing plate
– 3″ Seashell Mini Plate
– Printable Seashell Stickers
– Seashell Stencil
– Eyelash Yarn
Watch along and see how I made this art journal page:
Continue reading for step by step instructions:
1. To start off, I applied the inkpads directly to the plate and blended the colours together by
overlapping the edges a bit. If any colours transfer on the inkpad, I just dab it off on a
scrap piece of paper.
2. You can either use any mark making tools you have in your stash (such as combs, textured supplies, packaging, bubblewrap) or you can use the seashell stencil that comes in the kit to lift some of the ink off the plate. Repeat as needed and pull a print! Once you have a few prints ready to use, decide on a background and cut it down to size.
3. I stamped and coloured in one of the face stamps from Mix & Match with Jane’s Matchmaker paints and added shading and highlights with color pencils. Next, cut the face out.
4. Roughly cut out a body shape from one of the prints you created. Glue both the face and the body to your background page.
5. Add more highlights and shading using Jane Davenport’s DramaSticks, Licensed to Quill Pen and Ultimate Pen. Add shading around the figure with ColorSticks.
6. Die cut a shape from one of your prints and attach to your page.
7. Stamp sentiments and flowers from stamp sets to your page.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the video and tutorial!
- Gelli Arts plus Jane Davenport Kit
- Gelli Arts Mini Tools
- Gelli Arts Brayer
- Acrylic Block
- Altenew Crisp Ink Permanent Black
- Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils
- DecoArts White Acrylic Paint.
- Jane Davenport Matchmaker Paint Set
- Jane Davenport ColorSticks
- Jane Davenport DramaSticks
- Jane Davenport Licensed to Quill
- Jane Davenport Ultimate Pen Golden Age
- Jane Davenport Squid Ink
- Jane Davenport Free Spirit Stamp
- Jane Davenport Mix and Match Stamp
- Jane Davenport Build a Bouquet
- Jane Davenport Cutting Template